Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Spotted by a friend of mine: RARE E32 Touring

Discussion in 'E32 (1988-1994)' started by bcweir, Nov 11, 2010.

bcweir

Observe the license plate.

Hockeystyx

Very nice! :D

Wicked cool find!!! :D

bcweir

Thanks! I agree, although some people who see this may realize they've been had...

Reportedly, this photo has been very cleverly Photoshopped, as there doesn't seem to be any apparent way of opening the rear hatch. Also if you look closely at the upper right of the right side of the hatch door, you may see some artifacting betraying this as a fake.

That doesn't mean such a car doesn't exist. There are rumors of E32 Touring prototypes have been developed and tested, before BMW decided not to produce them due to the cost of such vehicles. Doing a Google search for "E32 touring" produced pictures of a few surviving prototypes.

Quite likely, such a vehicle could be produced from an existing E32 sedan and by fabricating or modifying E34 touring parts.

eam3

I do believe it's a damn good photoshop. If I'm not mistaken that B4 BANGLE license plate appeared on a Roundel a while back on a regular, albeit beautifully maintained, E32.

Deutsch Marques

I love wagons, but that rear end just keeps going and going...

bcweir

jagman212000 guest

Id rock it

I would love to have something like that. Completely unique and a good looking car. Especially with the M-Sport wheels. :)

paulbot guest

bcweir

Awesome - I bet that E23 hauls both cargo AND tail!

As for the E32 touring is concerned, my understanding is that for someone DETERMINED to have one, it would be POSSIBLE to cobble one together, with a sufficient knowledge of welding, some fabrication, as well as an E34 touring to use as a donor vehicle.

I think there only about three to five prototypes in existence of the E32 tourings.

Nothing against the E31 8-series, but I think a coupe version of the E32 or E34 would have made a much more attractive successor to the E24 6-series.

eam3