Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E92 sport suspension

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by F'nJabroni, Nov 3, 2010.

F'nJabroni guest

I've read that the 2011 E92 sport suspension is able to handle pot holes alot better than previous E92 model year sport suspensions. Does anybody know what the change was if there were any at all?

345861 guest

I have heard the same but have no experience with previous models. I can tell you the 335is with 19s rides fairly well over all but the biggest potholes. I think the big change was in spring rates, maybe some shock valving too.

captainaudio

I test drove a 2011 335is with sport suspension and it seemed to me that it did better over rough surfaces than the previous models but not as good as my 2007 335i with regular tires and Koni FSD shocks.

CA

rbindc

CA,

That TiAg Vert your car? Nice looking indeed! I like the wheels.

ajeffrey guest

I've had my 2011 335is for a couple of weeks and I drive in the city every day. The suspension feels super-solid and pretty damp, excpect when I hit something deep. Then it can be jarring, but I think it's relatively supple for such a performance-oriented suspension.

steelman guest

Damping sport suspension on 2006 330i

I have a 2006 330i 6spd MT with sport package. The suspension is perfect on smooth roads (at limerock it was nirvana). But with the rough rodes of everday driving i want to make the suspension a bit more dampened. The car has the facctory 18" staggered wheels ..i got rid of the run flats ...its better but still want to consider more damping for the suspension. What are the possible solutions?

captainaudio

Haven't been here in a while. It is my car and it is Space Gray. The rims are style 196 OEM BMW rims (18s)

CA