Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to the forum

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by sjzking408, Oct 28, 2010.

sjzking408 guest

Hello everyone! I have been a CCA member for over a year, but I am new to this forum.

I reside in Fort Worth, TX. I drive a 2005 Jet Black 530i with black interior. My car is completely stock with the exception of M-Tech Kit and 20' Asanti Wheels. I will post some pictures of my car whenever I get my car back from the dealer (God knows when). I am really excited and look forward to become an active member on this forum.

John in VA

Welcome! I was in DFW in the late-80s. The Lone Star Chapter is quite active - much to do.

Hockeystyx

Hello and Welcome! :)

Welcome to the Board!! :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the zoo!

I, too, want to see pictures of this ride. . .

DUBS?! YOU MANAGED TO FIT DUBS UNDER A 530i?!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

bcweir

Welcome! I am in Dallas, TX - not far from you, relatively speaking.

A 2005 530i is an E60.

Certainly doable, Satch. The E38 and E39 (the E60's immediate predecessor) could support up to 20-inch wheels. Quite likely, the E60 could go one or two more inches past that. The need for BMW to keep itself ahead of its marketplace rivals would make regressing to smaller tire sizes seem silly.

I don't see the big deal going to bigger and bigger wheels, though. All it does is firm up the ride and give your suspension, brakes, and powertrain more work to do. I went just one size up from factory - 16 inches, even though up to 17 was supported from the factory, and in a pinch, 18 inches at the max could be accomodated. As I said before, ride firmness goes up with each wheel size. Not really interested in sacrificing ride comfort and handling to trade on ego and bling. 16 inch wheels looks just fine on my E32 1988 750iL.

In the eighties, for the most part, the only vehicles wearing wheel sizes larger than 17 inches were 4 x 4's, transit buses, tractor trailers and other heavy trucks, and heavy construction equipment.

My car itself is even closer to him than I am -- it's in storage in Arlington.

Welcome!