Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

ZHP M-style weighted short shift knob--worth $65?

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by stevehecht, Oct 27, 2010.

stevehecht

I'd get it from Tischer BMW--it's the best price I could find. This would be not so much for autoX or track, just spirited street. Should I invest?--not a lot of money, just curious if people like the thing.

az3579

I didn't like it at all.

I LOOOOOOOOOOVED it! Had it in the E30 and improved the feel sooo much. I now have it in the car it originally came in and STILL love it!

It adds some weight to the shift, which gives you a sense of more precise shifting. That, and it looks much better than the gooseneck shifters out there.

stevehecht

Great new pics, Botond. (I haven't been on this board for awhile, maybe they're not so new.) What car are you driving?

I already know how much you like the knob. I'm gonna get it anyway based on your prior recommendation, I'm just wondering if others like it as much as you do.

tiFreak

I've got one in my 325ix, love it much more than the tall, stock knob

az3579

I don't think I've ever seen a negative review anywhere online or in person.

vkhong

The ZHP shift knob is 0.8-inch shorter than the gooseneck on my E60. It weighs 5.4 oz instead of the 3.0 oz stock. I prefer the ZHP over the stock shifting feel. Compared with a short-shift kit, $65 is good value.

[IMG]

Here's an interesting read on shift knob weights:
    BMW Shift Knob No-Nos

jrj127

I just got it to replace the stock wood trim shifter knob on my '01 330Ci. It looks and feels great! I recommend it.

tiFreak

to be honest, there's really no way they could screw up a shift knob :p

mdywglr4x4 guest