Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Cool Carbon Brake Pads

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by mattsmith335i, Oct 22, 2010.

mattsmith335i guest

I have an new 2011 335i M-Sport, I have installed Bilsteins PSS9/10 on all 4 corners, Lowered front 2" and rear .75" The adjustable dampers are set at 5 front and 4 rear, combined with H&R 27.5mm sway bar the car now corners beyond belief. The problem now is stopping this beast. The pads for 2011 have much less dust and bite than my 2009. I'm looking at Bavarians Cool Carbon sport. Does anyone have any experience with these or the Hawk. The car is primary leisure and on occasion on the track a CCA events in my area at Summit Point. At the track the current pads faded fast and had very little stopping power. Now she turns, she is fast, but can we get her stopped?

sundevilruss

az3579

Highly, highly recommend Hawk HPS's for mostly street use with good track usage. We have (had) different cars, but it stopped my E30 just fine with no brake fade whatsoever on the track (Lime Rock Park). Quite a bit of dust though.

mattsmith335i guest

Hawk Pads

I had a 2006 325i. The brakes on that car worked very well, but were dusty. When you put on the Hawk Pads did you notice an increase in brake bit than the factory pads?