Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Sonsio Warranty Claims denied

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by E92Dreier, Oct 18, 2010.

E92Dreier

I have Sonsio's tire protection plan...so does my father -- he is not a BMW CCA member, so I will tell his story here, in the hope of sparing anyone else from a similar situation.

Two separate claims for tire replacement have been denied by Sonsio.

Their reasoning: Your BMW dealer did not follow the claims process outlined in your service contract. It seems that the dealer failed to properly present the damaged tires for inspection by a claims adjuster. This is to the tune of $400+ per denial, for work that was performed months ago, and paid for -out of pocket - at that time.

Who should my father ask for help? The dealer who already botched the process (this wouldn't be our first complaint)? BMW NA? The tire gods? Sonsio? Is he just up the creek?

And in the future, how can we guarantee that our dealer follows the protocols set forth in the contract they sold us each on the day we took delivery?

I'm open to any ideas or suggestions, though I am already leaning toward never venturing near this dealer again.:(

E92Dreier

Update: Coincidentally, a dealership representative has just pledged to 'make things right, even if it means digging in their pockets.'

Maybe someone was monitoring the forums? :D

We'll see what shakes out, just figured I'd share for the sake of openness and honesty.