Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Cover Art and mobile Office??

Discussion in 'E70 X5 (2007-2013)' started by mllenza, Oct 13, 2010.

mllenza guest

Just upgraded from a 2010 128i convertible to a brand spanking new 2011 X5 35i Premium that arrived from the plant on Friday and I picked up on Monday. Among other things it has BMW Assist, iPod/iPhone Integration and Nav which I think are the only two prerequisites for the issue I'm having. Looking through the brochure it advertised BMW's new mobile office, bluetooth music streaming and the ability to see cover art from your iPhone/iiPod on the nav screen. Anyone have any idea how to get any of those three features to work? Doesn't seem to be an option for me..driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jfj707

I'd bet someone at the Zentrum could and would walk you through those, if the features are available for you.

mllenza guest

Absolutely, waiting to hear back from them, was hoping someone here would have encountered the issue and resolved it by now. Thanks!

jfj707

Gotcha. Yeah, I don't have any personal experience with any BMW's that new (closest I got was an '09 135i at the Performance Center). Hope you get it worked out soon =)

tcoke

Just curious if you ever resolved the issue regarding seeing cover art from your iPhone or iPod on your iDrive display? We have a 2011 X5 50i and it plays the music from the iPhone with no problem, however it does not display the album cover art on the iDrive screen, like what they show in the brochures. Regarding Mobile Office, I realize that at this point it will only work with a Blackberry and not with an iPhone which is a bit disappointing. Perhaps this will eventually change.

Thanks!