Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW chip

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Gina501, Apr 16, 2008.

Gina501 guest

Sorry all. I'm new to this. I have a 2006 325i and would like to add a chip. The only ones I see (like from Dinan) are for the 335i. Can anyone tell me what I can add and what company to use? I want to make sure I use someone reliable and that I won't have problems. Thanks.

suss1173

chip

Have you called the local BMW/ Dinan rep? If not, thats your best bet.

tabishmunir guest

325i e90 chip

Try powerchip, they have its arond 600 dollars.
    ive driven a 325 that has had its ecu remapped by power chip. i loved it. Soo much better than my stock.

Currently im debating with myself if i should wait for bmw performance parts or go for the the dinan ones and then get my ecu remapped by power chip.

t

M3Driver guest

+1 on the Dinan. However, the software alone does really do that much (gets rid of top end limiter, remaps throttle responese, etc.). I would look at the cold-air intake and throttle body to go along with it (depending on your budget).

tabishmunir guest

nah power chip can really solve the 325i's throttle response problem.
    and the "deadspot" around the 2 rpm area.

callewis30 guest

I have a 2006 330i and I've been searching for a performance chip also. I tried powerchip but haven't been able to get access to the website. And there really isn't much available on Dinan's website either. I did install an AFE cold air intake and I really like it. It only took a couple of hours to install and the difference in performance (and sound) is quite noticeable. I think the throttle body is next and then an exhaust. I'd really like a performance chip but I haven't had any success at locating one.

Gina501 guest

callewis30 guest

Powerchip

Thank you for the website address. It looks like it's 49-states legal, unfortunatly I live in #50

jpocasangre2002 guest