Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anyone have a lift in their garage?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Emission, Feb 29, 2008.

Emission guest

I'm looking to add a lift in my garage for car storage (park one car under the other). I think the "drive on" version will suit me well (low priority is vehicle maintenance, so I don't need a chassis lift that gives access to the wheels/brakes/suspension).

Does anyone have such a lift in their garage? How tall is it? What are your likes/dislikes? Any pics you'd like to share?

Thanks in advance,

- Mike

mecodoug guest

A friend of mine 2 doors down has one in the garage under his new addition. He built it with 12 foot ceilings to accomodate it. It is hydraulic with two 12 foot posts that you park between, and each has 2 arms that pivot and can extend to the jacking points. There is a metal bar connecting the posts at the top and the bottoms are lagged into the concrete floor.

It would work for storage but only if you have the high ceilings. I also am not sure if they have shorter ones. It would probably great for long term storage since it does not exert any force on the wheels/suspension.

It is GREAT for maintenance. I don't have pictures but can get some if you need them.
    I think it was about $2000 all in, but he installed it himself. That was pretty easy.

Meris guest

No, I haven't heard it before.