Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Will the real overall winner please stand up?

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2010' started by wiley, Sep 1, 2010.

wiley

Please join me in congratulating, Michael Washington on garnering the "Best overall performance at Oktoberfest". This is also known as, you guessed it, the "Michael Washington Award". Incorrect tabulation at O'fest handed me the win with 34 points, however, Michael was incorrectly scored and actually had 37 points, relegating me to 2nd with 34 points.

So, Michael, Congratulations!

Best Regards,

CRKrieger

You only needed one set of tires anyway ... :p

jazzracer

Thank you Russ, I mean Mr. STIG. The competition was stiff this year, I'm surprised I won.

Regarding the trophy it should be called the Matt Brumwell Award; he holds the record with 7 wins and he's very efficient at doing so having attended only 9 Oktoberfests!

Looking forward to lots of folks going for the gold in 2011!

03BeastCharmer

Congrats Michael!!! I still think we need to audit that car. Can't believe how fast you were during the autox.

jazzracer

Thanks. A fortunate outcome considering the stiff competition.

A work colleague coined the phrase each time we drove go karts.."it's not the car, it's the driver." I wish it were me but it was the car. I'm just along for the ride. perhaps It's all the Zymol wax that helps me glide thru the air. ;-)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Congratulations!

. . . can I haz yer tires?!

Smed330

Maybe I should try for more next year!!!! ;-)

Congratulations Michael.

Scott

Congratulations to both you guys for stellar performances. Especially Mike, who should also get the best sandbagging award. I distinctly remember hearing him say, at the beginning of the week, that he wasn't going all out for the award this year. I guess once it started, you just couldn't help yourself, eh Mike? ;)

jazzracer

I had my Fingers crossed an no Mr. C you can't have tires they won't fit in your trunk.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Greedy, greedy, greedy!

Well, okay, then: KEEP yer damn tahrs! :eek:

You're right about the trunk, though. Here's a shot of the crap being loaded in Reno (we started out by heading for Monterey and just kept going until we hit Wisconsin):

We were on the road for 25 days. . . .