Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Share cost for 2010 navigation DVD

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by ddarley, Sep 1, 2010.

ddarley guest

Looking at buying the latest Navigation DVD. It is split into Region 1 (East Coast) and Region 2 (West Coast). I only need Region 1. Anyone interest in splitting the cost ($200) for the Region 2 DVD?

bcweir

Interesting names for those regions...

since..coincidentally, Region 1 is actually all of North America, and Region 2 is Europe.

Unless you use a special region-free DVD player, DVD's made for a specific region cannot read DVD's from another region.

A software-based DVD decoder will generally allow you to change the region setting up to four times before being permanently locked in that region setting.

It's a copy-protection gimmick by the movie studios largely to prevent playback of pirated DVD's of new releases being released BEFORE the release of the genuine articles in that region.

ddarley guest

Region 2 DVD for Professional 65 90 2 158 158

Region 2 is the West Coast of USA. See attached.

tiFreak

I don't think he's talking about the region codes for DVDs, BMWNA just uses the names to say which DVD has the maps of which part of the country

ddarley guest

So the disc I have will work for West Coast?

Is this right?

ddarley guest

No Takers?

No one needs a West Coast disc?