Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Can I haz ZHP?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by az3579, Aug 26, 2010.

nissanite

I do not want to hijack the thread, but. I saw an issue with a drivability concern. My 04 ZHP had a surge or bucking while gently accelerating. I took it to the dealer with the latest software update that I found listed on the forum. When I got the car back it had cured that problem with an added benifit - i had fantastic throttle response. A light press of the pedal & she ran smooth & had instant response. Well worth doing - my opinion.;)

Autohaus guest

I predict this car will last you 3 years until you get a facelift 335i sedan or pull another swap, this time a S54. I doubt you'll keep it the ten (10) years you want to hold onto it because you will say, "I nead moar powar"!!!!!!!

az3579

You are such a killjoy. :rolleyes:

Deutsch Marques

Botond, I notice "angel eyes" on your ZHP in the pic in your signature. Did you install those, or the previous owner? Are they LED or CFL, and how do you like them? I have a set of LED halo rings lying around that I need to install one of these days. My first go at installing them didn't go well when the clips didn't hold the rings securely and they wouldn't stay in place. They've been sitting on my workbench since.

Autohaus guest

Your car has enough power. S54 would be enough for rip-your-face-off power. I enjoyed washing and doing a 10-minute detail on your car. Enjoy it, my son.

az3579

They are LED. A previous owner did it, and have to admit he did a good job. He wired it to the interior lights, so when you press the button to lock/unlock the car, the lights come on briefly with the interior lights. They're also wired for daytime running lights. I went to the dealer last week to have the DRL's turned off, so now all you see are angel eyes on when the car is on, nothing else.

I was planning on taking it off when I bought the car, but it just grew on me and have to admit, they definitely give the car even more character than it already has (which is a LOT!).

Autohaus guest

Needs more low. Did you have Kamal disable the DRL's?

az3579

Stealer did it.

MarcusSanDiego guest

Botond, very nice car, pal.

How long until there is an S54 in this bad boy?

CSBM5

az3579

Err, I don't think this one is going to get an S54. You never know though; I was always against having an S50 in the E30 because it was too expensive and look how that turned out, $7-8k later. lol

I'm pushing more towards the idea of a 2nd car than anything once I move to a place which can accomodate two cars.

And by the way,
    Welcome to the 'CCA forums Marcus. Glad you made it over! :D

MarcusSanDiego guest

What kind of second car you looking at?

And thanks for the welcome. Been a member of BMWCCA for about 10 years. Only registered for this site about 1.5 years ago. Didn't realize there was a thriving forum over here. :D

az3579

Don't know yet. Can't afford another car or a space to put it, so I'm not going to think about it yet, but if I had to make a decision immediately, it would have to be an E36 M3. It would be strictly a (road legal) track car.

gcmay

who has solved the dead zone around 3K RPM. Mike Miller says that I need to install an upgraded ECU software such as Dinan. No codes found

MGarrison

5-yr. old thread, I think any of the prior posters are long gone - Charlson might have a suggestion though.

charlson89

There are a couple bulletins for this issue. One says to just update the software. If you have a manual vehicle then some one at the dealer would have to submit a case to engineering to see how to do the update. Before you would send them the ECU but may no need to anymore. Couple of other things to check is the DISA valve to make sure it is working normally. If it is broken this can also cause the issues described.