Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Service Referral Please - Westchester County, NY

Discussion in 'BMW' started by GDobler, Aug 24, 2010.

GDobler

I would appreciate hearing from members regarding their experiences with either dealers or independent repair shops convenient to Westchester County in NY. Both my 3 series (E46 and E91 purchased CPO) have been service by Westchester BMW, now Ray Catena BMW, primarily because they were still until the "free" maintenance and CPO warranty.

The covered maintenance has ended, but both cars are still under the CPO warranty. I am planning to keep both since they are low milage and I follow Mike Miller's old school maintenance recommendations. This is the second time my 325xiT was returned from service with a damaged front bumper. Fortunately, they take digitial photo's upon check in and they have reluctantly agreed to perform the body repairs at no cost to me. Even so, it's frustrating and aggrevating to have to deal with this.

Once I get the vehicle back from this last incident I plan to go elsewhere. Unfortunately, I have not heard good things about Greenwich BMW's service facility in Port Chester either. Any recommendations are welcome.

floydarogers

GDobler

Thanks, I had checked out the site before. None are really convenient to Westchester County.

ross.m.litman

Hey Gerhard,

I have similarly bad experiences with Ray Catena BMW of Westchester. They're unable to fix our cars properly. It is atrocious. I'm not sure what the alternative is though, BMW of Manhattan? Or to go to Woodcliff Lake, NJ to BMW NA headquarters and knock on their doors for a recommendation (they're right over the Tappan Zee Bridge for me). Best of luck.

- R

E92Dreier

I wish I could recommend one of my local dealers (BMW Ridgefield, CT or BMW Mt. Kisco, NY).

But, I have not had the greatest of luck with either operation. I dread every single service experience.

GDobler

I have not had an issue with the actual service performed on the cars. It's just everytime I pick the car up from a service that I have to carefully inspect the car from top to bottom for scuffs, scratches and worse. Both times that I let my guard down is when the car had damage. First time they did not take photos on arrival and second time the photos were not clear enough.

Only thing I can say is that the car was repaired back to my satisfaction. They calim this is not a systemic problem as they employ a "professional" valet service. It must be a bigger problem than they admit since they have not given me a hard time about rectifying the situation.

Has anyone used Euromeccanica? They advertise in the NY chapter newsletter and I did attend the winter "Beach Party" they hosted for the club. They seemed decent.