Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How to renew multi-years online

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by sherfe, Apr 15, 2008.

sherfe guest

I am trying to renew online, and it brings up an invoice that assumes one year. I usually renew 2 or 3 years at a time, but there is no "qty change" or anything that lets me edit the page.

Can I do this online?

Thanks.
    • Staff

steven s

You need to call the office to change your membership.

sherfe guest

Thanks, I appreciate the quick reply.

May I suggest that BMW.CCA upgrade the site when possible, to allow multi-year online renewals. You are really missing an opportunity on this one. I am far more likely to renew online, for convenience sake. Which means only one year at a time. If you had multi-year working, you would get 2-3 yrs at a time from me.

While I can't speak for others, I would guess a significant percent would do the same.
    • Staff

steven s

Currently the renewal is based on the previous number of years most recently used. We'd like to offer members a choice. It certainly has been discussed.

sherfe guest

Thanks! :)

mdstein guest

Still not changed!!

Thanks for the great work and a terriffic O'fest. Now for the complaint... It's been over a year and the site still doesn't allow you to pick the number of years to renew. Is it that difficult to add this feature to the website??? :rolleyes:

sherfe guest

It's been two years since I started this thread, and still, no multi-year online renewal. I'm trying not to be petty about this, but are you guys idiots? How hard is this to implement? :mad:

If it wasn't for the BMW rebate I get every new car, I would drop this like a rock.
    • Staff

steven s

It currently is not possible with our current system. It wasn't possible 2 years ago and is still not possible.

A new system is under development and that is very high on the wish list of things it needs to do.

bcweir

Come on now. Let's keep it grown up and civil, please.

Give credit where credit is due. Why resort to verbal abuse or name calling? In defense of BMWCCA, I'm going to make two points here:

a) this hasn't exactly been an issue where a majority of members have been beating the door down. If they did, it would have been all over the forum long ago. Obviously, it hasn't been that big a deal for a majority of the members. If the thousands of members enjoy 99 percent of what BMWCCA DOES offer, why spontaneously combust over it? That and I've seen members walk out over far more petty issues than online multi-year memberships. Which leads into my next point...

b) They did say they've been discussing it. At least give them a point for bringing it up at the table. Be appreciative it got brought up at all when most of the other members don't make this an issue.

c) Meanwhile, if it's that much of a dealbreaker for you, how difficult is it to make a phone call? Seriously. Which fingers are broken if it's that huge an issue for you?

CRKrieger

I did my last multi-year renewal with a phone call. It might even have been toll-free. All that bother, even though I've never bought a new BMW and gotten $1000 just because I was a member of this august body ... :(