Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Intro - New to CCA

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by Bimmer4Life, Aug 19, 2010.

Bimmer4Life guest

Intro - New to CCA - Pics added

Pics added to posts 12 and 13.

Hello fellow members, I just wanted to introduce myself to all. I just became a CCA member, though I have owned my bimmer for a little over 2 years now. I own, at the present time, a 1996 318is black/tan. Yes, it's a 4 cyl but it's paid for. I love my gas mileage.

Prior to owning this, I drove nothing but Honda's. Since owning my BMW, I cannot even look at anything else. I spend countless hours researching fixes for issues that come up so I can keep it in tip top shape. Other than rear wheel bearing and new tires, all maintenance has been performed by me. I love working on it, but more love driving it.

I look forward to speaking with each and all in the furture. I'll post some pics in about a week when wife returns from business trip. She has our camera.

Pyewacket1

Sooooo... She has the camera...Who has the car?

Bimmer4Life guest

Mine, mine, mine...all mine.

CRKrieger

You do know there's about 70,000 of us, don't you? ;)

Wilkommen.

bcweir

That's a lot of handshakes...

...be ready for them.

Bimmer4Life guest

That's 70,000 plus more friendly faces.

Bimmer4Life guest

[IMG]

bcweir

Bavauto sells the faceplate for the climate control

I've seen it in the catalog. Keep in mind this is just the faceplate though. You have to transfer the buttons and electronics over yourself, I think.

I don't recall what the price is but you can call Bavauto to find out. The telephone number is 800.535.2002

Bimmer4Life guest

I believe you misuderstood. If you remove the unit there are 4 little screws that hold the faceplate on. The 4 mounting locations are all broken. So I need the entire casing, faceplate and casing.

I updated my sig, it was a little confusing I guess.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome!

I find that folks around these parts are generally friendly and helpful. A pile of us are getting together this next week in Wisconsin. So far I have made it to Appleton, while managing to prove that Michelin Pilot SPorts are pretty good rain tires. . . :eek:

Bimmer4Life guest

I'm running Pilot Exalto's and I think they are pretty decent...just kindly expensive. Although they should last awhile!

Bimmer4Life guest

[IMG]

[IMG]

Newer pics taken the other day: Cell phone shots, please forgive the bluish hue.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Bimmer4Life guest

I forgot I had these in my Photobucket.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This Momo shift knob will be for sale. PM me if interested. The chrome is chipped in 2 places (very small) but I would wouldn't have expected this from a $100 MOMO product. It can be yours at a decently low price.
    [IMG]

jagman212000 guest

Welcome

Welcome to the club friend. What the 318 lacks in power it makes up for in economy and balance so enjoy!

96 318ti
    92 325i
    94 740il

In the hunt for a clean E30 manual trans coupe