Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Part recommendations for bushings

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by convertiblegirl, Aug 10, 2010.

convertiblegirl

Hello,

My mechanic just informed me that it's time that I replace the front bushings and I was wondering if anyone had any input on bushing types and manufactures as I would like to have him replace the worn out bushings with something other that the stock ones and am looking for some suggestions for mid range bushings that are a more beefier replacement than stock, but not as stiff as those used for competitions. Thanks in advance for replying!;)

John in VA

SuperBimmer guest

Out of all the bushing that we have used at the shop, the Boge one's have lasted the longest. They come already mounted in the metal bracket.

John in VA

With the Boge bushings only ~$5 more/pair, that would be the way to go. I haven't seen the Boge ones in person & have no experience. I've been a Lemforder fan for years, but the Meyle HDs were getting good reviews from other E46 owners making the change.

SuperBimmer guest

I haven't heard anything bad about the Meyle bushings. We have just had good luck with the Boge, so we stick with it. We use Lemforder alot also for all the other bushing and links.
    One company to stay away from is FEQ. They make total junk.

Brian A

+1. I have learned the hard way that it is very difficult to mount these things without a professional press.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Almost all E46 bushings come mounted in brackets.