Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

rotors: original equipment or Brembo?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Daveabc7, Jul 28, 2010.

Daveabc7 guest

I have a 2000 323i in need of new front brakes. I'm looking at an independent BIMRS shop and they use BMW pads and sensors but they use Brembo rotors. Anyone have experience with Brembo rotors? Is it better to use original equipment?

ForcedInduction guest

Brembo products are top quality and used on BMW, Porsche, etc. as OE on many models so I'd have no issue with them.

az3579

They're pretty much the same as far as quality is concerned.

bluewagon

Rotors

I use Brembo rotors and Padget Red pads from Bav auto 1-800-535-2002///2003 325it
    bluewagon

eam3

I used Brembo rotors as a replacement for our Volvo when the originals wore out around 45K miles. We now have a little over 100K miles and they are still performing as good as new. I cannot recommend them enough!

Daveabc7 guest

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

rbindc

Dave,

What is that sexy white machine in the photo? Give us the details.

SuperBimmer guest

We use the Brembo rotors at our shop also. There very good, and you shouldn't have any problems with them.

I have that photo of that M3 as my pc background! LOL

Daveabc7 guest

RB, isn't it beautiful? Just love those M3's.

Thanks SuperBimmer, it's good to know that you're installing them without problems. I know Brembo's are known for their brake components, it's just that I've used OEM parts on the car and I'm not looking for problems. I also understand that BMW contracts with different manufactures to provide parts and for all I know, the "stock" rotors are not made by BMW but by a parts supplier like Brembo. Thanks again.

BMWtoyz guest

I have used Brembo's as replacements on all my BMW's with no issues ever, 318is - 750iL, and currently on my 98 M roadster.

Cadco guest

Brembos

I use Brembo 2-piece hat system rotors (cross-drilled, slotted, and chamfered) with Pagid Blue racing pads and they are superb! Of course, they are used with Brembo F-40 calipers :)