Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Warranty questions' started by Kuo335586, Jul 8, 2010.

Kuo335586

I purchased a 645Cic in June 2005 and at the time I purchased the BMW extended warranty. Since I have move and no longer take the car to the dealership where I purchased the car.

Does anyone know what is and is not covered under the extended warranty?

I recently had to have the wheels aligned and the current dealer charge me the standard rate.

Thanks
    bty Love the car

Zeichen311

Doesn't your warranty contract tell you what is (and is not) covered? You did keep a copy of the paperwork, didn't you?

Failing that, in your place I would call the dealership that sold you the warranty, explain your situation ("I've moved out of the area, I've lost/never received my copy of the warranty terms," etc.) and ask them to mail you a copy of the coverage terms.

ForcedInduction guest

I don't know what your extended warranty covers but it's generally for defects in material or workmanship of major powertrain components. Maintenance/wear items are not usually covered in my experience but policies vary. A wheel alignment would not normally be covered but it's best to get a copy of your coverage.

theBOAT guest

Even if you purchased the extended maintenance plan (and not an extended warranty), I believe you still would have to pay for an alignment. Unless the car is constantly falling out of alignment, it is considered a "normal" wear item.

FYI, I typically do a 4 wheel alignment every year.

CLG

hutten

Extended Warranty (not original owner)

I am the second owner of my 2007 M Coupe. When at the dealership, I was told the extended plan was only available to original owners. First is this true? I was hoping to cover the drive train only. More time than miles.If is not true, is there a source for the best price?
    Thanks Rich

dmason2002

to see what's covered, check cpo on bmw-usa.com.
    cpo can only be added to a used car by a dealer while they own it, I've seen people trade a car in on paper, let the dealer certify it, and buy it back. otherwise, the available plan is original owner protection, obviously only for original owners