Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

taupe convertible top

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by bbaron, Jun 17, 2010.

bbaron

Has anyone seen a taupe convertible top? Is the INTERIOR black or taupe? I was thinking it would lighten up the inside if it weren't black. Anyone have any pictures showing it with different colors? Thanks!

BIMMIR guest

There is a 128 beige convertible around where I live with a beige top. It looks decent, if you like a beige car. It blends pretty well. Sometimes you try to match, but doesn't not quite work out. I can't comment on the interior I've never seen that car that close. You could order it either way?

bbaron

You can order it either way! I'm thinking of the Aqua Blue, Taupe Interior and Taupe Top (which the dealer says is taupe on the inside, too). Will that clash?

BIMMIR guest

If you like those colors I think it will look good. I have seen a Z3 with that combo before. It was nice!
    I assume you are considering a 1 series convertible? (sorry - saw the thred name late)
    One of the things I like about BMW's is the ability to customize them so much for personal taste. I find most new cars on the lot are pretty much configured for customer lease and then CPO resale. This strategy is more profitable for the company I suppose. This does make my car more distinctive!
    I ordered my convertible 2 years ago because they didn't have what I wanted on the lot. The same dealer still has 2 of the convertibles sitting there that were there when I ordered mine. I actually road tested one of them before ordering mine.
    The US market is quite restrictive compared to most markets where you can order a BMW. Go play on BMW european websites, and even bmwcanada. You can play with different configurations and a lot more "ala carte" options. Some I really like, for example, I would love to be able to order a cloth interior.

Have a good time & good luck deciding on your car. Let us know what you end up doing.

herbstanfield guest

Yes _ I have that color combo

I have a 2011 Deep Sea Blue 128i convertible with the taupe top and Taupe Boston leather interior. In my humble opinion, it is stunning. Everywhere I go people come up and want to talk about the color combo - I had a 2006 Jag XK with the Blue Taupe combo and loved it.
    I'm new to the club and these forums - I don't want to get yelled at - I will try to post pictures. Hope I don't mess this up.

Herb in NC

bbaron

pinmagic guest

Looks awesome. VERY unique. I really liked the Taupe top, and I thought of ordering it, but decided on a different interior color, so it just wouldn't go. The dealer tried to talk me out of the Moonlight top, but I ordered it, and I love it. I ended up with SGM w/Savannah Beige interior, and Moonlight top.

mattinfll guest

I just ordered the exact same color combination, and have to admit I was a bit worried about it. Seeing the pics here makes me feel a lot better about the choice. My dealer even says they never get taupe tops, and with the blue it will be very classic.

mattinfll guest

Anyone have any ideas for protecting a lighter convertible top? My car will be parked outside most of the time... I've heard there may be some sort of protectant you can put on when you first get the car?

John in VA