Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Winter run flat tires...

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by rayd, Jun 14, 2010.

rayd

I'm thinking about getting a full set of mounted run flat snow tires (Blizzak LM-25) to change out in the winter and then to change back to the Turanza's in the spring. I want to retain the TPM system functionality, so each wheel will get a sensor but I have to reset the system when I mount the snows and vice-versa. Has anyone had any experience resetting the TPM system after mounting wheels with different/new sensors? Is this a dealer-only thing?

tiFreak

what's the year and model of your BMW? I have access to Alldata which has given me the reset procedure for other cars, it might have it for BMW

rayd

Thanks for the reply. My car is a 2008 328xi wagon (E91).

tiFreak

alright, I'll look it up when I get to work tomorrow, I forgot the password to the account :eek:

pseto

u can easily reset TPMS via iDrive. if you don't have iDrive, chk over on e90post and you should be able to find an answer there

tiFreak

I couldn't find the relearn procedure on Alldata, they tend to not have much info on newer, European cars, I'd say a forum is your best bet

rayd

tiFreak,

I appreciate the effort. Being a 1st time BMW owner, I had no idea there was such a support community out on the 'net. I'll have to get used to saying "bimmer" rather than "beemer", though. Thanks again.

Regards,
    Ray.