Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

For diesel fans: 52 mpg in a 1er

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Jonathan Spira, Jun 13, 2010.

Jonathan Spira guest

The Diesel Driver took a BMW 120d to Leipzig and got 52 mpg.

Driving the 120d: The Road to Leipzig
    13 June 2010

[IMG]

320d MPG

I have a 2010 320d, and I regularly get well North of 45 mpg on the highway, and 38-42 mpg around town.

DISCLOSURE: I live in Thailand, and the 320d here is a bit different than the Euro version. I'm not sure if any of the differences have any effect on mpg or not. For one thing, it does not have urea injection.

OO5897 guest

fuel economy 1 series diesels

The BMW website shows fuel economy for all 1 series diesels at 53 mpg +- 10%.

I want one.

Pete Sexton

railroader guest

All I can say is "WOW!" It's amazing the stuff that parts of the rest of the world can get..
    Jonathan, thank you for the write-up on the 1 series. These sound like fun, awesome cars-- but still consider myself lucky to possess a 335d here in the States...even with its DEF requirement. So many "positives" about this car, as the "d" owners here already know.:)

bdosch

Ever since seeing the 116d hatchback in Germany years ago, I have been waiting for BMW to bring it to the states: Green car of the year in Europe for multiple years (60+mpg) and it would still beat my 318ti. After owning 5 BMW's to date, I decided that the 116d will be my first new BMW. I don't know who BMW North America is surveying but they have been missing a huge market segment with the Green crowd that loves BMW handling. Bring it on over and I will buy it.

MGarrison

What?? Nobody wants to restore a 524td?? :D