Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Post your E30

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Apex000, May 18, 2010.

UACC guest

way better

Just a better mounting aligment, would it do better...

eugenes18t guest

A quick shot of mine from this weekends SFR Auto Cross at great America. She is not pretty but she runs great.

[IMG]
    _MG_7195 by VwFix, on Flickr

rjcaptsean guest

Currently own two. One 89 325i coupe that I got from my father after it was wrecked, and a recently acquired 91 318ic that was rescued from the local PickNPull. (I guess I'm a sucker for abused e30s).

jeanm guest

Couple pics with suspension installed. Not too low, and stiff enough but still dd-able.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

jagman212000 guest

Can't wait

Since the transmission in my E32 decided to no longer operate normally I will be in the market for a nice E30, probably the first of next year. Im gonna keep the ol 740il and fix it back up but in the interim I want a nice clean E30 that can take some light track use. Knowing me it'll be a full blown racer before long but light track use is the plan anyways. Nice E30's you guys and or girls have posted.

tiFreak

clean is overrated :D

[IMG]

granthr

Jeanm your E30 looks fantastic!!!!! I really like your suspension settings. Just Perfect! :D Do you have the center caps for your Hartge wheels? I understand they are NLA.

mdywglr4x4 guest

granthr

mdy..... Wow great car you have there!!!!! Don't sell it! You will only regret it!!!! ;)

I must ask, what size tires are you running and do you have any rubbing issues?

Again great looking car!!! There is nothing like silver over red on a German car!!! FTW :D:cool:

mdywglr4x4 guest

Well I just got an offer almost at asking price... so it will probably be moving to California. I do love the car though.

225.45.16 on 16x8 ET20. No rubbing at all :)

Ground Control
    525/700

MGarrison

Yes, great looking car, very nice! But I gotta ask, _what_ are those camber settings?? RF looks like -3º, LF looks something like -1/2º to -1º, and the LR looks like, oh... -3.5º, or more???

granthr

Awesome! Maybe next time I need tires I will move up to 225s!! :D BTW that is what I am running on my M3, but didn't know you could squeeze them into a normal E30.

mdywglr4x4 guest

Just didn't have wheels straight. They are ~ -3 both sides. Rear -2.2ish. No adjustment in the rear but when you lower it the camber gets added in for the rear.

Thanks for the compliments.

Yup. Could fit 235s if I wanted to roll the fenders dead flat.

Thanks.

glugo1001

I'm a huge E30 fan! tifreak, I think you'll like mine. This was a POS '84 318i that I turned into my track rat. I sold it a few years ago. Had way too many mods to list, but some of the highlights were H&R coilovers, full 325 brake conversion (rear discs), much more:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

EugeneM guest

Hi friends! Pictures of my e30.
    click to enlarge :)

tiFreak

I do like it :D what kind of mods did you have on the engine, I've been wondering how to bump up the power without emptying my wallet

figure I'll throw up some of my older track pictures since I haven't posted any in this thread yet

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

weee!!
    [IMG]

granthr

Wow who knew there were so many of us here with E30 318i's.!!! I have also put 325 brakes on all four corners and H&R springs & swaybars with bilsteins. I just got a front strut brace by Sparco. I even looked yet, but I am hopping it fits without too much trouble. :D

glugo1001

@tifreak: Actually I did very little to the engine. After I killed the first one, I bought a remanufactured engine from Bavarian Engine Exchange with the reground cam. That plus an intake and open exhaust were the extent of my engine mods. I wanted reliability over all out power.

Almost all my mods were to the body/chassis/suspension. I wanted the car to handle really well, then I was going to tackle the engine, but I sold it before I got that far.

P.S. I almost forgot, I did have the intake polished by Extrude Hone.

sgilmore

I'm glad to hear there are others keeping the e30 faith.

dak1b2006