Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Post your E30

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Apex000, May 18, 2010.

Apex000

So like every other BMW fanaitic , i have a obsession with the E30 3series (M & Non M) sadly i don't own a E30 , yet. . .

So if you would like , post a couple pictures of your E30. :D

Brian A

granthr

091385 likes this.

Zdaneman

My 1990

Just bought this car and I love it. My avatar is of my 88 which I'm putting up for sale. Garage space and street parking is becoming a hassle.

Zdaneman sends

Apex000

very nice Fellas .

Zdaneman i'm in love with your Coupe :D

BIMMIR guest

Very nice!
    This looks like one that just sold in Louisiana.

az3579

Here's my very sloppy (can't do anything about it) euro bumper swapped ex-diving board E30:

[IMG]

Didn't have time to put the trim on:

[IMG]

And my favorite shot of my car before when it had the hideous diving boards:

[IMG]

granthr

Botond your E30 is looking great! I really like the painted euros! Were they chrome to begin with? Where did you get them? If you bought them new can you email/pm me the list of part numbers? I would love to do this to my 318i.

az3579

Uh, did you not see the HUMUNGOUS GAP?!?! Front AND Back!!!

Yes, they were originally chrome but the chrome was in horrible shape, so I had no choice but to paint them.

I got them from someone who was selling multiple euro bumpers on Bimmerforums. Unfortunately, my set is warped, and could not be identified as such without mounting them. Naturally, he was an E28 guy, so he didn't have a way of mounting them, so he didn't know. Sold the set to me about a year before I had a chance to put them on.

Not new, but you can look up the part numbers on realoem. They can still be obtained new, piece by piece, but would cost a LOT!

granthr

The gaps aren't horrible. Can you fix them with some elbow grease? Yea I guess I just to troll the internet to find a used set. I don't really want to pay for new.

Do you know the weight difference between the diving boards and the euros?

az3579

The euros feel lighter than the DB's.

No, that gap definitely isn't easily fixable (in the front) because the bumper seems to be warped. I tried a perfect set of euros on it once and they fit almost perfectly; the remaining gap can probably be "pulled" out from the valence, but I don't know what the heck is up with the rear. The gap is a lot worse looking in person than in pics.

thr33dviz guest

Some beautiful E30's!

makes me want all mine back!! Next project will have to be another one.

cheers

Brian A

I recall that one of the bumper mounting pieces (part # 51111904829??) (part # 51111936526??) looks symetrical but really has a top and a bottom. Mounted upside down the taper is the wrong way and the bumper droops. (I bought my car with a droopy front bumper.)

... I might just be blowing hot air...

Question: How do you paste a full size photo directly into a post rather than just show a link to it or shrink to thumbnail size?

az3579

Brian,
    The part #'s you posted are for US bumpers, not applicable to mine. The euros use entirely different mounting hardware.

I link my images to my Photobucket account. To do that, all I have to do is upload my picture to my Photobucket account and put the link to the image in with tags, like so:

[code]
    [IMG*]http://yoursite.com/yourpic.jpg

* = take out this character
    [/code]

tiFreak

there sure is, now here's my POS I just bought for $1200 :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

just need to work out a few minor problems and it will be well on it's way to being my new track rat :D

granthr

That 318i looks pretty nice to me! The great thing about the M10 318i is that it has the lightest chassis of all the e30s. Should weight less than 2,400 lbs! :) There are some easy things to do to make this a real track rat. Put 325 brakes on it and a master brake cylinder from an early 325 with no ABS. Then you will have real stopping power in a lighter car.

Brian A

In a matter of months you have gone from 1 BMW to 3????!!!??? Where did Subie go?

You have a (the) sickness, er, I mean, Cool!!!!!

thr33dviz guest

I agree with granthr no POS that I can see. Was looking at a few E30's in my area. My friend loves my current and wants to get into Bimmers.He likes the older models as I do.Trying to talk him into 5ver i found as we speak:)...then we could go into a parts car together and cannibalize it all up.

Zdaneman

Thanks!

Pics don't even come close to doing it justice. It is the cleanest one I've ever seen. Jeff Roberts did an awsome job on this car. Its like going back in time. It even rides better than it looks! I'm very, very happy with it. Now to detail out the motor, and steam clean the under carriage, it just might make a great show car. However it will be driven on nice days!

Now, I just need to finish a few more odds and ends on the 88 and put it up for sale. I have too many other hobbies to keep up two E30s.

Zdaneman sends

tiFreak

I didn't know it was that light, that's awesome, it should be really light when I gut the interior! I'll start searching for brakes, I can probably find a set pretty cheap since I know a guy who buys wrecked Bimmers and parts them out, he sometimes hooks me up with a discount

the Subie's sitting in the backyard waiting to get sold, I have to stop being lazy and clean it up a little :eek: it's definitely a sickness, but I think I'll hold off on treatments :D

I just frankensteined an intake together out of a few different ones I had in my closet, probably added 50 horsepower lol, I'm already loving how easy these are to work on

[IMG]

[IMG]