Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Radio Antenna Replace on R53, Does Not Match OEM.com

Discussion in 'R53 Cooper S (2001-2006)' started by Flameout27, May 2, 2010.

Flameout27 guest

I have a Dec 2002 date of manufacture R53 with a missing radio antenna. I bought the car used and the antenna was always been a bit loose, but recently came completely out of the car and is lost. What is left is what appears to be a solid plastic cylinder with a 'cross' or 'plus' sign. In purchasing a replacement stubby antenna from Cravenspeed I received direction to thread an insert into the car's antenna base, but that is not what I have. On realoem.com it does not show the 'plastic' solid cylinder that I have. What am I doing incorrectly? Thanks!

tiFreak

sounds like something is broken, either the antenna base or the antenna itself, do you have a picture of the broken antenna?

Flameout27 guest

Brendan, I think you are right. After your suggestion I looked closer and what I thought were wear marks around the edges appear to be damage that might occur from a fracture. Sounds like I am now looking at replacing the roof antenna base. Thanks for your help! Fred

tiFreak

cool, glad I could help