Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Dealer maintenance at 15k service interval

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Adalbert, Apr 27, 2010.

Adalbert

My '09 coupe is fast approaching its first service interval and I'm wondering what service(s) the dealer will perform when I drop off the car. Besides the oil and filter change will they do anything else (air filter, etc.)?

I'd like to hear from those who have taken in their N52-engined cars for the 15k service...

bimmertech guest

The first service will consist of a Standard Scope (tire pressure, fluid levels, freeze point, cc messages) and an Oil Service (oil & filter change). If you're car is coming up on two years from the production date it may also call for a brake flush and microfilter replacement, but those are based soley on that time interval and not on mileage.

If you have any other concerns make sure to mention them, don't assume they will just be addressed automatically. The intake silencer (air filter) won't be changed until your third oil service~45k. Of course the actual air filter is lifetime and part of the airbox, the intake silencer is actually a pre-filter designed to protect the air filter and smooth airflow.