Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Patroon Concours d'Elegance Set For 6/5

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Apr 9, 2010.

srobmw guest

I know, I'm nothing but trouble.:D

TeamStowell We love driving!

Who isn't?

A Patroonie through and through.

OK.... people willing to judge please send me your shirt sizes so we can get to work on these custom made Beautiful Merchandised Wardrobes.

lcjhnsn

Scott G, I would first have to know something about Concours prep to volunteer to speak about it. I think my showing in my first judged Concours last year left A LOT of room for improvement. I got the impression as my Judge approached my car he was thinking, "you consider that THING is worthy of judging??" [IMG]

Scott S., I would be happy to judge, but note the above comment regarding not knowing what to look for. I have absolutely no experience in actually scoring such a thing. XL if you feel I'm qualified.

btw... here in the CT Valley Chapter we know BMW means Bring More Wax

az3579

Err... umm... clothing size means something different to each manufacturer... lol
    I have a couple of shirts that are larger in Large than other shirts in XL!

I'll call you tomorrow.

Nice plug for our event! :p

lcjhnsn

az3579

Aaaaaarrrrghh!!

Autohaus guest

Scott, when is the payment due for the dinner and where can I send it?

sgold

lcjhnsn

my RSVP went out on email this evening and payment in the mail tomorrow

TeamStowell We love driving!

Half Price Memberships Available!

That's right... you are not seeing things. The very generous management team at our host BMW dealership Keeler Motorcar is paying for half of the $48 membership fee for anyone joining at this Saturday's event. If you have a family member who is showing a vehicle, perhaps they would be interested in an associate membership? These are also half price.

Please contact me or visit PatroonBMW.org for registration information.

srobmw guest

Sorry, folks, the M will have to wait till next year. I have an invite to go play Bethpage Black on Saturday.:D

lcjhnsn

what the heck is that and how could it possibly be more exciting than the Patroon concours

ok, I just want to add that these damn thunder storms are not helping with the effort to get the car clean AT ALL!!!

Autohaus guest

Pics or ban :) Have fun Stevo.

B and I plan on arriving around 8:30. I'm bringing the better 1/2 along with the 3 yr old in tow. Beware!

Autohaus guest

I agree, though its supposed to be sunny and in the 80's for the event. I plan on washing and waxing Thursday evening. B should enter his edirty 330is as a dirty dog. The last time he washed his car was during the Truman administration.

lcjhnsn

oh come on, he wasn't even born until the Clinton admin

srobmw guest

Have fun guys. My vote is B for "Dirty Dog".:D

Bumer guest

This event sounds very interesting: show, food, drive, new friends.

I'm afraid my wife will think that backyard weed pulling and weekly grocery shopping is a lot more fun than this. :D

lcjhnsn

Vlad, I'd be happy to stop and pick you up on my way through Hartford Saturday am... I could use a navigator for the "technical" drive.

az3579

Put your foot down! You can always do that Sunday, and this is an ANNUAL event, so there should be no IFs, ANDs, or BUTs!

Bumer guest

:( The wife has spoken: this particular Saturday we are attending neighbor's kid birthday party, and in the morning we are doing Cancer Walk. So, unfortunately, I can't make it. But I'm sure there will be lots more other events that I will be able to attend.

Thanks a lot for the offer, but I'll have to get rain check for that. And sorry I won't be able to fulfill duties of the navigator.

Right before my wife mentioned birthday party and Cancer walk, I was about to put my my foot down. :D