Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tire Recommendation for 2005 330ci w/Sports Package

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by convertiblegirl, Apr 9, 2010.

convertiblegirl

It's time I replace my tires and I was wondering if anyone out there had some feedback/experience on what they liked. My Bimmer is a 2005 330ci with sports package. I currently have Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season tires on my car and love them but they don't seem to last very long. I've read some of the feedback on other tires up on TireRack.com but was wondering if there were some favorites for a spirited driver who drives on both highway and street combined.
    :)

EuroWerkz1

You will find that tire wear is not great with any performance tire on a BMW.The same suspension settings and compliances that makes in handle so well also wear tires at what can seem like an alarming rate. That is on balance a very good thing. I've installed used and sold many different tires for cars similar to you. I am not a fan of your current Goodyear at all. I'd try the Michelin Pilot sport all-season, or if you can get away from the all-season tire the Yokohama S drive is a great value.

convertiblegirl

Thank You! I'll be sure to check out your suggestions on TireRack.com for availability!;)

dave335

I second the Yokohama S drive. It is a phenomenal tire that is really a great deal. I have a set on my E36 M3. I purchased mine from Discount Tire Direct as Tirerack was sold out. They shipped for free.

convertiblegirl

My friend has the Yokohama S drive tires on his M3..... I love the way these make the car handle. Thanks for the tip guys!;)

330indy1

FWIW I have the Conti DWS on order from Tire Rack in staggered 18" rim sizes for my sport 330 (2002)[IMG]

convertiblegirl

I saw these up on TireRack.... These have great reviews. Hope these last longer than the stock Continental that came with my car!
    ;)

RaceBlood guest

Tires

I have a 335i w Spt Pkg, and did lots of homework. Tirerack.com is a great resource. I used to have a 2005 Benz 350SLK AMG, and ran Continental Contact 2's, which is a summer tire for extreme preformance and loved them 2 sets in 30K of spirited driving and all roads trips, as my cars are for pleasure.

Now with the 335i, the dynamics are much different due to weight, suspension and a 6spd manual, so I was down to choosing Continental D/W, or Hankook V12 Ventus, to replace the Bridgestone RFT, which has to be the worst tire I have ever driven on in a performance car IMO, the ride quality is terrible.

I took a chance on the Hankooks, and I am soooo happy with my decision, talk about quiet, reactive, and planted, OMG, what a great tire for the money. If there is one issue I have with them, the sidewalls are a tad less stiff than the Conti's, but they may be me due to the higher center of gravity on the BMW to the lower SLK350, which is a much tighter and stiffer rear suspension.

Just dont get run flats, terrible invention for a performance car IMO.

Michelin PS2 or Pirelli Potenza Pole Positions are also great tires, if budget is not an issue, but I have a manual, and drive hard, so if a tire last 15K on the rear, I am happy.

davidnewman guest

Hankook on Tire Rack (link + pricing)

I'm just about to grab 4 of these - they look like they have strong reviews on TireRack.com and obviously, folks love them here on the forum too. Here are the details for you:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...M3 Convertible&frontTire=24YR9K110XL&i3_Qty=2

Enjoy!

BTW I am not thrilled with all the snow we've gotten here in the Northeast this year. Basically makes my M3 undriveable... <sigh>. Can't wait for Spring!!!

-- David