Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Road Trip!!

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Zdaneman, Apr 7, 2010.

Zdaneman

Well,

I did it, getting ready to pick up the 1990 325is here in the classifieds late next week! If the pics are even close to how good it really is......well its cherry! I'm really excited to drive it back to Springfield from Tulsa, OK.

Zdaneman sends

az3579

Getting rid of one E30 for another??

granthr

Well lets just hope he is adding to the family! :D Is it possible to sell an e30? :confused:

az3579

Check out his other thread, the one where he's asking for $6k for the one in his avatar.........

So I guess it is possible to sell an E30. :(

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Can you sell an E30?

Well, I did manage to sell one once. . . but I had two spares! And then one of those went away via an encounter with Bambi-long live the Red Rat!

Which leaves me with just the Bad Dog in my E30 stable. No wonder I'm reading the ads!

Zdaneman

Gee!!

Gents,

You don't know how hard its going to be watching someone drive off in my Red Roster! It saved me during my divorce. It was a quick buy for 2.5K since my F-150 Ford was on its last legs and I need something dependable to drive to the Pentagon.
    I am without a doubt, an E30 freak! It carried Renee ( my current) wife and me on many dates several years after the divorce, not to mention meeting her parents for the first time in Maryland. I've dirven it to many bass fishing 2 man tournments all over the south. No, it never towed a boat! It only had 67K on it when I bought it. Its also been my trout fishing car with many runs through the mountains of VA, TN, and NC. I loved driving off with the trunk loaded down with 2/3 fly rods, vest and wadders. It was a two part trip, exploring for new trout streams and finding roads to sweep the corners with the ZRX 1100 Kawi a few weekends later. Not that it wasn't capable of a spirited ride throught the same curves. I will always remember the many great hours of wrenching on her and turning her from a 2.5K beater into a really nice daily driver.

Everyone knows the car and many are shocked I'm letting it go for a garage queen E30.
    I will miss her, but I don't have enough room in the garage now with the wife's, 06 Z4, 99 ZRX 1100 and all the bike parts and race gear, not to mention the boat, fishing gear, and duck hunting stuff! Plus, I'm thinking hard about getting a track bike and spare the monthly floggings on the REX.

Someone will be getting a really good deal on this car. I've sunk over 30K in her over the last 5 years, not counting all the parts from Bavarian Auto Parts. All it really needs is a flawless paint job, new rear valance, and a few front side bumper parts to make it super clean. My buddy was digging on me hard to pull the angle eye head lights for him and replacing them with the stock ones. Nope, they go with the car.

I will miss her much!

az3579

Why are you selling it then? You've spent lots of time and money on this one, and you can be sure you know this car inside and out. So you'd rather buy another car so you could "relearn" it all over again? Plus, it means a lot to you, so why bother buying pretty much the same thing?

My vote goes to keeping this one. If you were going from an '84 318i to a 325is I'd understand, but come on; the important bits are exactly the same thing!

Zdaneman

Well

I want a beauty queen! This one will only go out on the best of days!

Stop! You guys have got me thinking and I keep going back to the day I sold my 65 Shelby GT 350 in 93 for peanuts! Don't get me started.

I guess we've all wanted one that is perfect. Don't worry I will apply a few tasteful mods...mostly suspension.

Zdaneman sends

az3579

Just a little saddening to see a very nice E30 being sold again, to be replaced by something that's almost never going to be driven.

I hate garage queens. :(

Zdaneman

Garage Queen is home

All,

Linked up with Jeff in Tulsa and the car was even better than expected. 4 tanks of gas (24.5 MPG at 73 MPH) and 20 hours later she's now sitting in VA. Trip was flawless and the car performed as if new. I don't think a new one could ride as good as this one does. Every on board system performed as if new not to mention the great heated seats and the 6 CD player.

The stock radio and stock preimum sound system is outstanding. I had a flashback to 1989 again, riding to Infantry Officers Basic course with Greg in his then brand new 325is. I am so glad I did not pass on this car. I will attempt to keep the miliage down, but it will be driven and the maintenance will continue to maintain it in flawless condition.

Happy E-30 freak!!!

Zdaneman sends

ten2doyle102 guest

Very nice. The next e30 I get will be a low mileage, mint condition one. I am getting rid of my current IX for a newer e46 for better gas mileage and hopefully a little more reliablity. Its ok though, the IX's are nice, but they are just not as fun to drive as the RWD's unless you're in some snow!

keep good care of it!

z31maniac guest

Interesting! I just sold my 318is to a guy out in Richmond! He flew into Tulsa and drove it home as well.

Wild stuff.