Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello from Pittsburgh, PA - New to BMW and BMW CCA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bstrohmeier, Mar 29, 2010.

bstrohmeier

Hello from Pittsburgh, PA.

I have admired and coveted 3-series BMWs for the past 25 years+. I finally bought one this past Saturday - a 2001 325xi one-owner beauty with only 18,000 miles. And I joined BMW CCA on Sunday!

I have owned many Porsches for the past 12+ years and have been a very active member of Porsche Club of America - Allegheny Region. I hope that none of you will hold that against me ;o) I greatly enjoy many PCA activities and I know you guys have a great club too, which is why I joined. My main car is a 1996 Porsche 911 Carerra 4 (AWD) that I drive 365 days per year in rain, snow, ice, whatever, although that will probably now change with the 325xi. I'll always bring my BMW to your club events, but I may occasionally wear a Porsche hat or t-shirt!

BTW, after only 2 days of ownership, I have to say that the 325xi is the finest sedan I have ever driven in every aspect.

Brian

Zeichen311

Hello back at you, from NJ, and welcome!

You'll get no argument from me: I have the same model, same year, a lot more mileage. At 18k in 9 years, I'd almost consider yours neglected! Get that thing some exercise! :D

az3579

YESSSS!!
    You sir are my hero.

Now let's try to convince everyone else who garage-queens their car to stop abusing their vehicle by depriving it of the road!

BMcW

Ditto

Welcome to the club!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the funhouse!

Pittsburgh?! Didn't they used to have a football team?

W H A H!

(I couldn't resist prompting the boss into a spit-take, since he, too, is a Pittsburghian.)

TeamStowell We love driving!

Welcome

Hi Brian and welcome! You will have lots of opportunities to get together with your fellow bimmer playmates in the Northeast. The PCA is a great group of people, and often have joint events with some of the local chapters in New England.