Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Need help from tech - radio issue

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by mariuccias, Mar 23, 2010.

mariuccias guest

My 2005 Z4 has a radio issue that is hard to explain. All the presets are set. Click a preset, the display (Nav system) shows the right station, but it plays another station. Click the next preset, and the display is right, but it continues to play the other station (doesn't change). This happens with the radio controls and the steering wheel control. Sometimes you click a preset, the display shows what you think the station is, then the display swtiches to what the station really is playing (not what was preset). Scan works, but will hang the system if you click it too many times in a row.

I have been told my audio is not under CPO warranty.

Ideas?

Thanks
    -Mary

Wanderlustbob guest

I am not sure if this will help at all (also answered your other post) but I just had my car in for its first oil change and told them about a radio issue I was having where my radio would switch bands from AM to FM when I would turn the car off and then back on.

Oddly enough they did nothing to the radio to correct the issue but instead updated the cars software to the latest version for my vehicle. Maybe you could ask them to do that and maybe that would be covered under the CPO warranty. Just a thought.

mariuccias guest

Thank you. The dealer is trying that now. I hope it works. :)

mariuccias guest

Oh well.... updating the software didn't work. They are trying to work with BMW to figure it out. Since i am flying out tomorrow morning, they are keeping it until Tuesday to see if they can fix it.

mariuccias guest

Update: While I was away, I let the dealer keep my car. I came back last night and this morning the dealer told me they worked with BMW, and BMW replaced my radio at no cost, even though the radio is not covered under my extended warranty.

Not only that, they are redoing my detailing before I pick it up since they had the car all week and it has been raining.

I can't say enough for this dealership.