Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

335i

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by jeanm, Feb 25, 2010.

jeanm guest

These showed up today from .au :)

[IMG]

Guerc

Very nice car! It looks like you did the engine work yourself... nice. Those Big Sixes put out a ton of torque. With that lightweight body, I bet it's hard to keep on the road.

bcweir

Very nice

awesome job on that!

az3579

Not with a finely tuned traction control system with the latest Right Foot software flash. :)

jeanm guest

Haha! No problems in the dry :) In rain it takes some extra care. I made sure to put some good street tires on it shortly after the swap.

az3579

Hey Jean,
    Do you know what the correct plug housing connectors are for the front euro bumper turn signals? I did the conversion for my signals but don't want to leave the auto-store connectors I crimped on there, and want to replace them with the factory connector. Do you happen to have a part number for those connectors?

jeanm guest

Don't have the pn, but it's the same connector that's used on the early intank fuel pump under the back seat.

az3579

I assume you don't have the fuel pump connector P/N, either, do you? I couldn't find it on realoem. :(

z31maniac guest

Botond, send an email to this guy.

levent@gutenparts.com, he most likely has the parts you need. He is down in Newark. Him and his brother are the guys that did the work on the 318is I had.

Great guys.

jeanm guest

New wheels, tires should be installed in the next few days....not many choices in 225/45/16 :(

[IMG]

jeanm guest

Got a cabrio front sway with new bushings/brackets installed over the weekend along with 3rd oil change and switched the interior a bit to give it a little contract. Perfect timing since I had to replace the door stop/break as it broke, cabrio door stop works/is the same fyi.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Rack is leaking more than usual, they all leak right? Need to get that thing swapped after I get my tires in the next few days.

jeanm guest

Got these installed today and took a couple quick shots. Excuse the dirty car, it hasn't been washed in probably over a month lol.

Tires are falken fk-452 in 225/45 size, wheels are 16x7.5, no spacers. Center caps will be installed a little later, need to make sure they stay on correctly.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Once re-valved shocks are installed it will be lowered some more, need to get the skirts on next.

tiFreak

nice rims, those are Hartges right?

EDIT: yes they are, I thought the pics looked familiar, saw your thread on E30tech :eek:

granthr

Your car is looking great! I really like the houndstooth interior! :D

Do you have any rubbing issues with the 225 tires?

jeanm guest

No issue so far, we'll see how / if that changes once i lower it a bit more. It's on coilovers but with crappy shocks, so I raised the ride height on purpose. 225/50/15 v710s on 15x8 trm wheels also didn't rub lock to lock...

granthr

Thanks and keep us posted.

My dream is to someday drop a modern 4 cylinder BMW diesel into my 318i. I might be pipe dreaming, but I think it would make a great car. Very light with a lot of power and great fuel economy.

jeanm guest

It's been just over 4 years since the purchase date, bought her with 156k on the odo and she's got 197x now.

318is shadowline trim is on the car. Next up is expansion tank and batttery re-location, just waiting for a couple more parts to show up... oh and sideskirts lol

[IMG]

Before:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

After:
    [IMG]

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Niiiice!

I especially like the wheels. . . but then, I like any wheel that's easy to clean!

jeanm guest

Thanks, I do need to clean them!
    Cleaned up the engine bay a little bit. Installed the 318is blower fan cover (has less studs etc).

I need to do something about the intake next, bring it closed to the headlight and make a heatshield of some sort... Also installed my sport seats to see if I like them or not...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Oem seats, and replaced the broken a/c/radio cover.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

jeanm guest

Side shot from the last stage to current.

[IMG]

[IMG]