Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

e46 coupe door locks

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by wethem, Apr 6, 2008.

wethem guest

Does anyone have any advice on best products/methods to lubricate door openning mechanism on coupes. With 114K miles, mine has become very diffcult to open on both doors. I've tryed adjusting the allen head adjustment screw with minimal success.

M3ME guest

I hate those locks!

I've also started to experience this on the driver side of my 00 328ci with 90k miles:mad:.

I haven't looked into the problem too much yet, just saw your post and thought "what a coincidence" ;)

So I as well, would like some help on this! Let me know what you find out.

michaeleconway

E-46 Coupe Locks

I have a 2001 325ci - 119K - passenger door handle was so stiff and hard to open it actually broke off in my hand a few months back...my shop had to replace the entire mechanism - and while I am not having trouble with the driver side, they both remain stiff to open. Would love to know why... :(

Meris guest

Looking forward to know the reason too.:confused:

jaciuro guest

I have an '04 E46 M3 and the driver side door is noticeably more difficult to open than the driver side door (more use most likely) and am trying to be proactive in keeping it from further damage. Closing the door doesn't seem so gentle on the lock/latch either.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time until something happens to it. This can't be how it was when new.:confused: