Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Mid-America '02 Fest 2008 - JOIN US

Discussion in '114 type 1600, 2002, 2002ti/tii (1967-1976)' started by CraigBMW2002, Apr 6, 2008.

CraigBMW2002

OK classic Bimmer fans -- after reading Bo Black's "True Friends" article in the April Roundel, are you ready to drive your BMW from the 20th century onto the twisting back roads of the Ozarks? I've been to five of the Midamerica '02 fests -- the comradship is unbelievable. Most of the BMW driver's participating come from the flatlands in the heart of these great United States, so the opportunity to drive twisting roads with plenty of elevation. You can read Bo's article about the attractive venue that Eureka Springs provides us, but for a BMW driver, the road sign on US 62 a few miles west of the town tells us what we need to know: "Next 3 miles twisty and steep, drive with caution."

So you don't have a 2002, or your 2002 is up on jackstands, or you once had a classic BMW, or wish you had a classic BMW. In 2003 I came in my wife's E30 when my 2002 was in the shop for an engine overhaul. We've had members come with E21, E30 and E46 three series Bimmers and one former 2002 owner from Wisconsin came with his '77 Porsche 911. We have attracted BMW drivers from 15 different States, but this coming year Bo anticipates greater participation from Texas and Iowa.

I hope to be there, but I have to take care of a stuck brake caliper in my early '71 2002 and adapt my schedule to a work committment.

Mikeinnc guest

Four of Us Are Coming From VA/NC

Leaving early Thu am and will be there Friday afternoon baring any unforeseen 02 gremlins
    Looking forward to it! Great folks out there
    Mike

CraigBMW2002

Mid-America '02 Fest

I won't be able to work my way out of a work committment on Saturday morning, and I haven't had time to rebuild the brake caliper. The '08 Fest should be the best attended one yet, despite the current price of premium gasoline.

Craig - BMW CCA member #4264