Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Battery for key fob on E28

Discussion in 'E28 (1982-1988)' started by kjmatheny, Jan 26, 2010.

kjmatheny guest

Recently acquired a nice 1987 535. One key fob has a small light, but the battery is missing and I haven't found out which battery it takes. Any suggestions? Have confirmed that the slot is too small for the common "2032" watch battery.

Many thanks.

John in VA

kjmatheny guest

Hey, thanks for the info, John!

Ken

E34M5Calypso

A special thanks John from me too. I just purchased a 1 owner 86 E28 and the key fob battery was dead. Aprecicate the info.

John in VA

I'm glad I could help!
    E34M5Calypso - I hope you're familiar with http://www.mye28.com/. Be sure to post pictures of the new addition!

E34M5Calypso

Thanks John, yes I found my28.com, have been all over it, but havn't registered yet. I have attached a photo, I am very pleased with the car. It was a one owner 1986 528e southern CA car, with 102K miles. Very well maintained, have all service records, window sticker, etc. I flew to Orange County and drove it back to Colorado last week, getting 32 mpg in doing so. The feedback and feel of the drive is excelelnt. I have owned a special E34 M5, the way the car communicates to the driver reminds me of that car. The only obvioius issue the car has now is that the drivers headrest is stuck in the up position, have the Bentleys manual on the way....

john

Current BMWs:
    E28 528e
    E63 M6

Past:
    E34 M5
    E46 M3

John in VA

E34M5Calypso

Thanks again John. The battery is in and working the headrest gets done this weekend, really appreciate your help.

john