Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E39 bumper swap

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by auto_x_addict, Jan 23, 2010.

auto_x_addict guest

I have a 528i with the M package. I always wanted an M bumper on the car. I was told that the putting the M bumper on my car required a lot of work becuase there were different bracket mountings. It was made to sound like a huge project. /a month ago someone hit my car while it was parked and ripped off the front bumper. Really, it was a coincidence. I went to several body shops and a BMW dealer body shop and they quoted me,$1000 over what the insurance was giving me to replace the original bumper. That was if they wanted to do the job at all. I was told "it is a lot of labor to attach the M bumper". I finally found a body shop that said the job was not that difficult and the adidtional cost would be minimal. They quoted a price of $200 over the insurance company reimbursement. I stilll don't understand why the other shops made such a big deal over it.
    The body shoop I went to was in Bellmore, NY, Henig Auto Body. John was great to work with.

JDiazAmador

I've got the same car, and I'm thinking about doing the same thing eventually. Do you have any photos before/after?

overman13 guest

Avoid Kos Tom at all cost

In Brooklyn. Shoddy work and failed to stand behind what they did

united2512002

i just did a full ///M kit on my car about a week ago.The entire thing was about 1900 installed with the bumpers and M5 mirrors. here is a link to pics of my car on bimmerfest. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428528&highlight= hope this gives you an idea of wht it looks like. Some parts that i did have to replace from stock were the brake cooling ducts from stock to M5 ones and also fender liners had to be changed for M5 ones. My car is a 2000 E39 528i

Ebkenn

I have a 03 530i Sport and would also like to swap out the original bumper with a M5 style bumper. Who or what manufacturer did you get yours through? Does it look like an aftermarket job?