Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member introduction

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ilia, Jan 2, 2010.

ilia

Hello all,
    My name is Ilia and I just became a BMWCAA member. I always wanted to join the club, but never set aside the time to do so. I am looking forward to attending events and exchanging ideas about our wonderful cars. I am a novice at the track so a few driving school lessons would be in order as well.
    The BMW blood runs deep in my veins starting in the 90's with my first bimmer a 1987 325is. She was a dolphin metalic with red cracked leather interior, peeling clearcoat and a leaking gas tank. The mufflers were non existent, but nothing that a couple of staight pipes from the hardware store couldn't replace. She handled like a dream and my devoted love for the brand was born. I took good care of her with regular maintenance and repair, but when my financial situation became more favorable, I replaced her with a 1999 M3 coupe.
    My new love was a beauty in Titanium silver and black interior, loaded with all the amenities necessary for an enjoyable drive. What a ride she was, strong, agile, and engaging. Our affair only lasted 3 years when I had the bright idea to trade her in for a Honda Civic, so I can commute back and forth to graduate school in an efficient manner. It was the best economical decision at the time, but I did miss my car.
    Fast forwarding to October of 2009 when I finally became the proud owner of yet another prime example of the ultimate driving machine a 2010 335i coupe. I am in love all over again and its time to put this machine through its paces with some events from this great club.
    Thanks for reading my story.

Ilia
    Libertyville, IL

PS: Luckily my wife is a BMW driver as well and an original owner of a 2001 325i, so I never strayed completely.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Welcome! It is great to see someone with such a long history with the roundel join the group. I'm sure you will contribute greatly to your local chapter and our organization. Don't be afraid to get involved and ask questions.

ilia

Thanks for the welcome! I will give my local chapter a call to see if I can get involved in some activities. Maybe that will get me started, but I am open to other ideas as well.