Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

misfire

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by peter corey taylor, Dec 29, 2009.

peter corey taylor guest

My 01 330ci is misfiring and has thrown the code p1343 (misfire cylinder 1 with fuel cut off). Can anyone tell me what this is?

fasteddie03M3 guest

could be a bad coil. check with your dealership. if you have the oem bremi coils they are seen to be faulty and bmw has a service bulletin and they will replace all 6 of them free of charge. they did for my m3. if you can, test and see if your getting spark. m3forums.net has the service bulletin number if you look there. i had to give them the precise number off the s/b before they would do it for me. they gave me the run-around up until then. damn stealerships. let me know if you cannot find it.

peter corey taylor guest

I looked but couldn't find the s/b number. You don't still have it do you?

fasteddie03M3 guest

here is the link to the post with the s/b. now i know it says m3 engines but i've heard tales on this and other forums of other 3 series models with the same exact coils. It is worth a try. it sounds to me like it is a bad ignition coil. if you, or someone you know can test the plugs for spark thats a good way to start trouble shooting.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=172749

peter corey taylor guest

Found it, thanks.

fasteddie03M3 guest

Anytime. good luck