Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

My new ride

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by Steven Otto, Dec 26, 2009.

Steven Otto

After 15 years and 192K miles, I said goodbye to the old E36 328. She was a good ride. I searched the classified and came up with this one. A 2007 550i, 6 spd manny/ sport pkg/cold weather pkg. Monaco blue, 34,000 on the clock and it's CPO'd till 2012. I'm having a blast driving this car. The torque and HP have me in permanant grin mode.

[IMG]

The first thing I did was change all the fluids (engine oil, tranny, rear end). The last dealer service showed the brake fluid and coolant had been changed at 24K. Heck, it even has a doughnut spare and a real live dipstick.

Life is good.

epbrown01

Congrats - I've always thought one of these (in Sapphire Black) wouldmake a good companion car to my M Coupe; they're the two best-looking flame-surface designs, imo.

SchnuckiE30 guest

"real live dipstick".... toooo funny!

A real issue for those of us who do their own maintenance - which I think is 90% of the club or so.

Nice ride - Have fun!

TeamStowell We love driving!

Very nice!

Sounds like your E36 served you well! Congrats on the new ride and I hope it brings you as many miles of joy as your last one.

jbcritch guest

I just did the same. 2005 325i to 2007 550i. Dark Grey/Black. Love it.

Enjoy yours!

seapbmw

We also, traded our 325xit with 125k trouble-free miles for 2006 550i with 4.2k miles, sport package, jet black w/auburn leather.

Steven Otto

Heh heh...so how you guys doing on gas milage??

My 328i had a 5 spd in it (Never have owned an automatic) and I used to get 29-30 mpg with it. Now that was on a daily 52 mile round trip to work on the interstate. I'm off work till the 4th of Jan so I've just been driving around the countryside, enjoying the backroads....and the exhaust note. The first tankfull I got about 16 mpg. HAH!!!! I love this car!!!

seapbmw

16 mpg around town, 24-25 mpg highway

ForcedInduction guest

Very nice! The E36 was just broken-in. :)

Funny how a simple dipstick was under appreciated for so many years and now it's considered a special touch. :(