Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW OEM Performance Exhaust Installed - E90 328i (HD Videos)

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by mtechnik, Dec 20, 2009.

mtechnik

BMW OEM Performance Exhaust Installed - E90 328i [HD Videos]

I'm extremely happy with this mod! Thanks to Evan at Tischer BMW Performance for the great customer service!

Start up and revving
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pU7FdSgRlY&feature=channel

Initial impressions

- Sound: Inside cabin - Just a bit louder then stock, and absolutely no drone. Outside - Quiet enough to sound classy, and a clean sporty growl when you rev it up (should get a little louder in a week or so). For comparison - it sounds closer to a stock 335i, but even better!

- Performance: RPM's come and go quicker. Improved throttle response. Car pulls much harder all the way to red line. It pairs up well with the Dinan Intake. Before installing the exhaust it felt like the engine was pulling in a ton of air, but struggling to get the exhaust gasses out. It feels much different then a stock 328i.

- Looks/fitment: Polished, single wall and rolled edge tips. It's tucked neatly underneath (like OEM) and gives the rear a sporty, yet classy look. The fitment was perfect, and installation took a good hour with two people, and a lift.

BMW Performance Exhaust System

Turn your power loose.
    Like a world-class athlete, your BMW's engine needs increasingly more oxygen as it reaches its physical limit.

To accommodate this need, BMW engineers looked to the other end of the vehicle, namely the exhaust system. The very act of controlling exhaust gases-to reduce noise and heat-restricts their exit. And overcoming this restriction, or back pressure, forces the engine to work harder, using its energy for something besides moving you forward.

Enter the BMW Performance Exhaust System. This solution produces an outflow of exhaust gases that is so free (though still under control) that it markedly reduces back pressure. The flow is free enough, in fact, to actually pull more air into the engine. So while it's saving power at one end, it's increasing power at the other. RPM performance is heightened and engine performance is increased by up to 5hp and 3 ft-lbs of torque at 6600 RPM.

The result is that your engine runs more smoothly, revs higher, and accelerates faster. And its new, deep, racing growl will be music to your high-performance-attuned ears.

* Improves exhaust flow and subsequently engine performance by reducing back presure
    * Manufactured using cutting edge CAD and FEA technology to ensure optimum fitting accuracy and OEM quality
    * Manufactured from highest-quality stainless steel ensuring durability and corrosion resistance

[IMG]

Install Pics

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Outside
    YouTube - BMW Performance Exhaust E90 328i (Rev & Takeff in DS)

YouTube - BMW Performance Exhaust E90 328i (Takeoff in DS)

YouTube - BMW Performance Exhaust E90 328i (Drive By in DS)

YouTube - BMW Performance Exhaust E90 328i (Windows Down Normal Driving)

Inside:
    YouTube - BMW Performance Exhaust E90 328i (Windows Up Normal Takeoff)

YouTube - BMW Performance Exhaust E90 328i (Windows Up Hard Takeoff in DS 0-60)

YouTube - BMW Performance Exhaust E90 328i (Windows Down Normal Takeoff)

YouTube - BMW Performance Exhaust E90 328i (Windows Down Driving in DS)

tiFreak

sounds great

az3579

That sounds ... menacing.

mtechnik

Thanks for the compliments, all. I'm enjoying this mod more and more each day. :)

GELSO

The video and sound were great. Did you experience any change in gas mileage?

Thanks again for the video.
    Gelso

elfhloa

Just installed mine...love the little snarl when you start up. Not too noticable while driving, but it needs to break in,.

Update: 1300 miles...love it, highly recommend this upgrade.

bl335i08 guest

When it's idling it sounds dirty, in a very, very good way. Nice vids!

GELSO

I've had the performance exhaust on my E92, manual transmission for about 3 weeks and about 400 miles.

1. The sound is great, especially at start up and at higher rpms, which is what I expected.

2. I think mpg has improved a mile or two on all highway driving, something I didn't expect; and I'm not sure if it's because of the exhaust.

3. Shifts are definitely smoother, although I still think the throws are too far apart. I'm sorry the short shift kit will not fit on the Xi models.

Gelso

mtechnik

Gelso, good to hear you like the mod!

I uploaded some more You Tube videos - check post #1.