Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Patroon Chapter Concours June 12th, 2010

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Dec 18, 2009.

az3579

Is it June yet?

TeamStowell We love driving!

One day closer my friend!

az3579

You'll have to do better than that, Scott. :D

Wow, tough crowd!

Only 164 days and 20 minutes away. Get working on your engine!

Autohaus guest

Maybe I can bring two cars this time (I know I said that last time) :eek:

And they brought them two by two...

We would love to see both vehicles! Make sure you get the 5 ready for the Vintage at Saratoga.

We will have all three in this year. I hope to have the E30 ready with it's new Dinan badge if finances allow.

sgold

The Gold's E90 was crystal clean this week, so its never too early to prepare. However we did learn that detailing spray doesn't work in 20 degree temps no matter how sunny it is. Oh, and the High School kids look at you funny when you're in the driveway using detailing spray in the middle of winter (as if the looks we get in the summer aren't bad enough). :eek:

--Scott

Bimmers in the mist...

It is -6 degrees outside today and my E30 has been running with tractor trailers through 600miles of slush all the way to Buffalo and back. I can just imagine going out there, squeezing the trigger on the detailing spay and watching the frozen bubbles of magical "shine in a bottle" bounce off the encrusted snow, sand, and salt. It would be similar to the Matrix when Neo stops the bullets! :eek:

az3579

Kind of why it's a losing situation either way; you could clean the car, but then it'll only be dirty again next day from the crap on the road. You could go outside and wash it, but would you really want to in the freezing cold? You could go to a car wash, but that's blasphemy! Or, you could leave it dirty until the next concours and claim a Dirty Dog prize that is rightfully yours! (and yes, I'm referring to me!) :D

srobmw guest

You are such a wannabe!:p

sgold

Well, the car HAD to be clean for the Lease inspector (may also be blasphemy) so the carwash w/ wheel option was used and then attempted the detailing spray in the driveway. It passed with flying colors and stayed clean for 5 days. After 50 miles up and around Sand Lake today its starting to look like the other cars on the road again. My S-10 on the other hand, is growing its own salt colonies.