Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Patroon Chapter Concours June 12th, 2010

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Dec 18, 2009.

TeamStowell We love driving!

For those who would like to visit with the Patroon Chapter and perhaps win a trophy, the 11th annual Concours D'elegance is scheduled for Saturday June 12th. While nothing is formalized yet, we can at least get the date on the calendar so you can make plans to hang with us for the weekend.

lcjhnsn

Duly entered on the social calendar. At this point I'm planning to be there.

az3579

Already posting this Scott? Seems a little premature, there being that dreadful white fluff on the ground at the moment. :p

Always great to hear from you Botond! The planners of this event were sitting together talking about the events we were planning on attending this summer such as Vintage at the Vineyard and Vintage at Saratoga and chatted about how folks we have spoken with are planning which events they will attend during 2010. "Hey" we thought, "we should put our Concours out there so people can add that to their calendar."

Hence, the posting...

Hey, did you notice I was running for NA RVP? ;)

Autohaus guest

Botond should add a supercharger to get the highly modified award trophy. I can probably gaurantee that he will have the only S50 powered E30 at the event.

Agreed! It would be the only one. I imagine we will have similar judging standards to past years, which we will get out on the web site when we get to discussing judging.

az3579

I'm thinking I definitely have a chance at dirty dog this year if I don't bother washing my car from now until June. It looks absolutely dreadful right now! I think Chris would say "off with his head!" if he saw how dirty my 'weaves are. :(

tiFreak

so this concours actually has an award for the dirtiest car? lol, that's awesome

Sometimes people spend more time making thier car dirty than they would cleaning it.

:D

Autohaus guest

Losing your head wouldn't be fun enough. I need something more. How about me taking S50 powered E30 from your hands?

az3579

Yep. And both times that I attended, I was going to win until someone showed up last minute with a dirtier car and took the prize. :(
    The first time was an E36 M3 track rat, and the second time was an E30 that looked like he didn't bother with it for months.

Chris,
    Sure, you can haz S50 E30 keys - over my dead body!

srobmw guest

Man, good thing you warned us about the potential for sarcasm.:p

az3579

Warning might be necessary...
    But no worries Steve; I think you can handle it! :D

I can't wait for the next Patroonie Concours, mostly for the drive afterwards (no comment Steve...)
    Will there still be a drive? If so, two separate ones?

srobmw guest

Must...............make.....................comment.........................

Hey, B, did you run into anybody you knew at this years concourse?

Aaaaaahhhhhh. Much better now.

az3579

I have a word for you that is not publically acceptable... :D

Autohaus guest

I remember that day very well :D. Steve and B, we gotta do another caravan for this event. I gotta keep up with a 414bhp+ M3 and a soon to be S50 powered E30 :eek:. I have the slowest bimmers on Earth.

srobmw guest

Yes indeed. Must take an award in 2K10 at the concourse. Btw, I'm at 442 BHP now. I have a feeling it will be more by June.:D

az3579

Methinks 500+.

Autohaus guest

My God, the M3 is taking steroids :eek:

srobmw guest

That's OK. Steroids for cars are legal.:D