Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Question about the computer you use

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rspeser, Dec 15, 2009.

?

Do you use a MAC or Windows Computer

Poll closed Dec 30, 2009.
Mac 10 vote(s) 37.0%
Windows 17 vote(s) 63.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

eam3

Funny you should say that. My laptop is an indestructible IBM Thinkpad T40 (from 2004 I think) which, like you said, can take all the abuse in the world and it just won't quit. My wife has the same model and it's equally indestructible. IBM built some great laptops!

az3579

It's unfortunate that the quality has taken a slight step back being a Lenovo product now. I just wish it had the build quality of my Macbook Pro that I had; there was no flex on that thing ANYWHERE (being made of aluminum)! Now with the "new" T400, there's actually minimal flex under moderate pressure on the keyboard where before, there was no Thinkpad with keyboard flex! I'm a little disappointed, but it's still much better than average. That, and Lenovo still hasn't fixed the stupid graphics-driver-crashing-while-docked-and-using-exernal-monitor-bug-thingy, and it's been such a long time since it was discovered. Oh well...

ridgetopboy guest

BMW's and Mac's

Like BMW's are the ultimate driving machine, Mac's are the far superior choice in personal computing. Yes, I've had other kinds of cars and I am forced to use a PC for work, its always a let down. Nothing drive like Bemmer and nothing works like a Mac. While the PC (a ThinkPad running XP) works its like driving a Lincoln Town Car on a twisty rural road. It takes 10 minutes to start-up, freezes at the most inopportune times and tells you in cryptic terms what the error is. The PC seems like it was designed by the military in 1980. The Mac on the other hand, is an elegant design, on and ready instantly, has a wonderful layout and never lets me down.

I've owned and driven BMW's since I was fortunate enough to find a cherry 1971 2002 in 1976 and owned a Mac since the original in 1984.

Of course if you want to spend a lot of time trying to make things work buy a PC or a 60's muscle car.

kkratoch

I have to 2nd the comment on fios - it is awesome.
    [IMG]