Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2010 335i BMW factory hp mod

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by rwhgme, Dec 7, 2009.

rwhgme

At 450 miles my new 2010 LeMans blue 335ixdrive coupe threw a code that my dealership has read as a Turbocharger overpressure boost. It went into limp mode and sounded like a $60,000 4 cyl rental car. So much for "The experience". We were on I70 doing 75 mph going up a slight incline when it happened. I know, stuff happens but....13 days of ownership.

pseto

havent heard of that error, sure its not the fuel pump?

rwhgme

yes I am very sure

theBOAT guest

You should probably clarify your post's title, since it really doesn't really have anything to do with BMW modifying the I-6's BHP via chip, etc. (unless you're counting the HPFP failure that is common to this engine as a HP "modifier"...)

Sorry to hear about your issue with your brand new machine. It's the main reason I'll never own a BMW with this turbo motor (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the new turbo V-8).

CLG

rwhgme

This is the performance upgrade that modifies both the exhaust and adds an auxilliary fan and also modifies the intake. If you go to your dealer you will find it in the accessory catalog.

rwhgme

Got the car back and it appears to be OK. Dealer sent a PUMA? report to USA TECH center and the dealer does not know if it will happen again so I will keep anyone who cares informed. Scott

theBOAT guest

Hope it stays working properly from here on out!

CLG