Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Loading contacts from phone

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by 162095, Nov 25, 2009.

162095 guest

I have a 2009 328 x Touring wagon.

Everytime I start my car, my contacts and phone numbers from my Iphone have to reload. Does anyone know how to export to the Nav system hardrive? It drives me crazy.
    Also, in map settings there is a traffic info map (grey in color)-what is it for?

Thanks for your help.

kloh guest

I actually prefer to keep the contacts on the iPhone since I sync it through MobileMe with my computer. This way it's always kept up to date. I'm not sure how it will stay in sync if the contacts get transferred to the car. The slight delay is a little annoying, but I don't usually need the contacts right away when I start driving so it doesn't bother me too much.

Not sure if its the same in the 328, but my M3 can display some traffic info under certain conditions. Areas with heavy traffic show up as orange on the map. In order to view this, Traffic Info has to be selected. However, if it's grayed out I would assume the info is either not available or perhaps you need a different package? I thought BMW Assist came free with all 09 vehicles which is all I have. I dont have the upgraded Concierge service but I still get the traffic info. It doesn't seem as detailed or up-to-date as the traffic conditions available on your iPhone/Google Maps though. It's just more convenient to access if your phone is cradled.

I know I didn't answer your question about transferring contacts, but hope this helps with the Traffic info.

DHENRY

FWIW, my experience with uploads and additions/deletions has (so far) been accomplished within seconds of starting the car.
    ('09 528i Xdrive).
    Just an opinion, but the software in the phone might be the culprit.
    Don