Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Check Side Lights

Discussion in 'Warranty questions' started by rdomingu24, Nov 23, 2009.

rdomingu24 guest

I just got a message on my 2003 e39 regarding
    "Check Side Lights". I found that the light that is burnt is a small lamp that is on the outer periphery of the front head lamp assembly in the lower area of the yellow reflector. Thing is I can't get to it. I took it to my independent mechanic and he took out the whole front passenger lamp assembly and we still couldn't get to it. Short of undoing the screws on the lamp assembly to open it up, is there any other way to get to the bulb? or is this what I need to do?

any help is appreciated
    thanks

bmwfxr

It appears that your angel eyes are non operational on that side, at least it appears that way in the photo. If that is the case I would replace the angel eye light source(bulb) and then recheck. I can't remember but it seems to me that is the case, but it has been awhile since I have had one of those headlights dissasembled. With that said, in the last 8 years I don't think we have ever had a car come in with that bulb out on its own.

rdomingu24 guest

thanks that did it