Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

My first BMW. Had to do it right...M3 and ED!

Discussion in 'European Delivery' started by kloh, Nov 19, 2009.

kloh guest

I've been a longtime owner of Japanese cars but fell in love with the E92 M3 after seeing and test driving one at a local dealership on a whim. Since I basically had to have it, I decided to make an adventure out of it. I took my 10-year-old along for the ride (literally), and I thought I'd share some of my favorite pics from the trip.

If anyone is interested in reading about the entire experience, I documented most of it on my blog and put most of the photos into a flickr collection.

Since there is a limit of 4 photos per post here, I've just picked a few of my favorites to showcase:

First, here's a video of my car on the turntable. Great way to present the car for the first time!

At BMW Welt. What amazing architecture!:

[IMG]

On the road to Spitzingsee:

[IMG]

View from Schloss Neuschwanstein:

[IMG]

The boy, the car, and myself in front of Schloss Neuschwanstein

[IMG]

I also planned the trip specifically to drive Nurburgring, but unfortunately the weather was bad and I couldn't get on the track (see last pic). Other than that, the entire trip was aweome. Highly recommend it to anyone considering buying a BMW. There's really no other way to do it IMHO.

tiFreak

awesome, I know someone who went to the BMW Welt, needless to say I was jealous :(

it's on my bucket list though ;)

az3579

I surely hope you have that last one set as wallpaper, because that is 110% computer wallpaper quality. That camera did an amazing job capture the colors, as the saturation is just right (in my eyes). I'm sure a pro can pipe in, but I can only hope to have such a cool picture of my new M3, some awesome scenery, and someone to enjoy it with, with the live physical experience to top it all off.

I truly hope you enjoy it, though I don't see how you can't after that!

wretched

What a fantastic trip! Excellent blog! Congrats on the whole experience!

kloh guest

Thanks everyone...appreciate the kind words. The trip was, in fact, amazing. I hope to do it again one day but this car will forever hold a special place for both myself, and I'm sure my son. I plan on keeping it a looooong time.

Regarding computer wallpapers, I actually have these two set up as mine at home (dual monitors, 30" cinema display and 27" iMac):

[IMG]

[IMG]

bl335i08 guest

I have to agree with others; those are some nice shots. I'm officially jealous.

kloh guest

by the way, the location of the spot in front of Schloss Neuschwanstein is well documented in this thread on Bimmerfest. So for those of you wanting your own similar photos...it's easy!