Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

compatable verizon cell phone and a 2010 528i

Discussion in 'F10/F11 (2010-2017)' started by pearl85, Nov 18, 2009.

pearl85 guest

my Motorola W385 worked with my 2008 535 but in the 2010 528 the contacts load as numerical not alpha. If I need a new phone please suggest or suggest a fix for my contacts, thanks

Jonathan Spira guest

I sent you a PM after I got your note but I'll repeat here what I wrote in the PM.

Although BMW says it shouldn't make a difference, there are differences I have observed (BlackBerry smartphone contacts come in last name first, making dialing by name tricky among other things - this is supposed to be resolved by updated BMW software soon, I am told).

Best thing to do is to go to a Verizon store and test a few phones. Make sure there is a return period as incompatibilities do not necessarily manifest themselves immediately.

pearl85 guest

thanks

I will go to the store when I can get a reduced upgrade in Jan 2011

DHENRY

pearl85
    FWIW, I faced a similar problem w/my 2009 528ix.
    I read Jonathan's excellent 'sticky' about real-world compatibility issues, especially regarding the phonebook download feature.
    Determined that the Motorola Razr line did everything I wanted, as I keep 200 +- contacts in my phone.
    Went to my Alltel/Verizon store, explained what I needed, and they recommended I get on eBay and buy a new V3 (!).
    Spent $ 73.00 for the phone, 1 gig chip, adapters, charger(s), etc.
    Had the store download all my contact info and activate the new phone, and...VOILA !
    Absolute perfection.
    Don