Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E30 Rims

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Vicksburg, Apr 3, 2008.

Vicksburg guest

What are the largest rims I can use on the E30 1988 325i Convertable with "factory-ish" ride height. I don't want any body modifications or rubbing. I currently have the factory
    14" 4-bolts... Can I go 15"? 16"? Thanks.

eicarguy

Vicksburg guest

Thanks. I'll take a look at the site. The current 14"s look pretty small.....

jmalter guest

heh, the brakes look puny under 16-inch rims, too!

7x15s will look great, though, & you'll have a lot more options to choose from for both the wheels & the tires. IIRC, you'll want an offset of about 24-28mm.

I've broken & bent enough rims to realize that the 'look' must be balanced against driveability. Up here in pothole country, you just can't run around over poorly-maintained roads w/ impunity - you've got to steer around the holes! It's really easy to bend a 16" rim on a hole you might not even notice w/ a 14" wheel, b/c the reduced tire sidewall-depth isn't able to take the punishment.

Vicksburg guest

Pot Hole Country

Michigander here. We specialize in pot holes. Thanks a lot for the feed back....Some of these damn things look more like bomb craters!

jmalter guest

Vicksburg guest

Thanks jmalter

Those look sweet and fill the wheel wells nice. I don't like when they are too huge, and I don't want any rubbing and scraping. I also don't want extremely low profile tires either. Looks like you have found the right combination.......Thanks.

Sean

Yea, you really don't want to run 17's, cause there's very little rubber between the rim and the road. I say 16" is really the largest to go. But, be forewarned, leaving the car with a stock ride height and big rims will look quite goofy. :)