Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

6 speed manual swap

Discussion in 'E34 (1989-1995)' started by Johan, Oct 26, 2009.

Johan guest

Well last year about this time I got a great deal on a 5 speed complete swap. This was installed into my 95 540i. A couple of months ago I ran into a deal on a another 95 540i that had the sport options. I bought to use as my parts car. Well now I just finished the swap from automatic to 5 speed to 6 speed. I used the LSD that was in the parts car also, OMG this is a new car. The way it drives and accelerates it just amazing. The black leather sports seats were a simple drop in as they had memory already. I also found that the sway bars on the parts car where considerably larger than what was on my car, so I swapped them also smiles. I have been told that the springs on the car are M-tech also, I dont know this for sure is there away to know, number on them or something. I'm running Eibach pros with billies now and like the way they feel and the stance of the car. I guess the last thing for me is to find a weighted shifter knob with the 6 speed diagram lol. You really got to love them E34's.
    Johan
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Do you have spare pedals and master for a manual swap? I want to swap the auto off of my wagon. PM me, please.

eightynine535 guest

Congrats on the successful swap . I wish the 6 spped tranny that can work on the M30 was readily available.

Johan guest

I'm sorry I tried to PM you but it said it was turned off and I cant figure out how to turn it on lol. I have many parts, let me know how I can help you.
    Johan
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Your PM must be turned off. Mine is on. Email me at yahoo.com (same name as my screen name.)