Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tire pressure gauges to digital or not?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by wretched, Oct 22, 2009.

wretched

What gauges does every recomend or have a favorite of? It is time for me to buy a new one and I am thinking about digital. Any suggestions on the most accurate gauge?

Thanks
    Damien

kkratoch

I have a digital one I keep in the car and an analog dial one that is attached to the air chuck on my compressor.

Brian A

I have had good results from my $12 digital gauge I bought at Target (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02823001000P?keyword=tire pressure gauge). It gives consistent readings when I measure repeatedly. I've checked its accuracy against fancy fluid-filled analog gauges and they are within 1 psi.

The $150 analog gauges are very cool, but they've gone the way of the mechanical wris****ch; quaint technology which is a pleasure to use, but less accurate than a $3 Casio. Better gauges have a bleeder valve which is handier than using a thumbnail. They are a lot sturdier too; mine's just cheapie plastic.